Sunday, September 25, 2011

Special Occasion Cakes 2011

This cake has a "ninja" theme with Lego martial art characters on top and a sword right through the cake. The edible fondant throwing-stars have "Happy Birthday" written in Chinese characters. This is the first time I worked with an edible silver-spray made by Wilton. It turned out to be the perfect thing to make my throwing-stars look like they had a metal finish to them.





This cake is a 3D soccar ball cake I made at the request of a local mom. The inside is "tie-dye" but unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of the inside! It's the first cake I've done that had a 3D element in the design instead of just having a fondant 3D item. It was very tall, about 6-8 inches including the ball part.




I designed this cake to match a set of party supplies with a cute jungle animals theme. It has fondant leaves and vines, buttercream icing over a yellow cake with an edible image in the center.




I made this cake for my mother who loves the ocean and the beach. She loved all the attention to detail on the  marine life! Her favorite color is yellow, therefore all the yellow beach things!



Seems like I have been doing quite a few cupcakes designs this year. I made these cupcakes and matching cupcake stand to match plates, napkins, and other decorations in a black filagree pattern. Each cupcake is different. The black tops are triple fudge with chocolate icing and the white tops are golden vanilla cake with fluffy white icing. I used a new cake design procedure with "sugar paper" in black and white that I designed and fashioned into the flowers, hearts, lines, etc.






For my father's 51st birthday, I created a "Nifty Fifties" stand of cupcakes. The poundcake fries and icing ketchup and mustard really added a realistic feel!





This stand of cupcakes was created for my daughter who wanted a "hot pink" Cinderella princess cake. 




I created this cake to match what my sister wanted for her son's "Curious George" birthday party.



2 comments: